WHAT IS DANDRUFF?
Dandruff is due to the abnormal proliferation of a microorganism of the Malassezia family, which is part of the yeast. This phenomenon generates an extremely rapid renewal of the cells of the epidermis that appear stack in the scalp.
Forming deep layers that are adherent layers of fatty appearance and yellowish gray.
These may go by significant irritation of the scalp, as well as more or less intense itching. scurf able to see in the hair, and most of the time, it falls on the neck and shoulders, mainly when combing.
Tiredness, stress, pollution, or winter season are factors that can favor or increase the proliferation of Malassezia furfur and the appearance of dandruff.
Signs and symptoms of dandruff may include the following:
- Skin scales on the scalp, hair, eyebrows, beard or mustache and shoulders
- Itchy scalp
- Scaly and crusted scalp in babies with milky crust
- A skin problem called scalp psoriasis.
- A skin disease called eczema.
- An adverse reaction to hair products.
- Cold weather and stress
- Do not rinse the shampoo thoroughly.
- Wash with shampoo infrequently.
HOW TO RECOGNIZE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF DANDRUFF?
- Dry dandruff can be distinguished from fatty scurf by its appearance since it can give indications of the type of condition that originates it.
- In the case of moderate dandruff, the scales are thin, dry, gray or whitish and do not stick to the scalp, but fall to the shoulders.
- Thick dandruff, fat and yellow is attached to the scalp and are often go along with itching. This corresponds to a minor form of sebum- rich dermatitis. The scalp, therefore, is often irritated and pink.
- The scales on dry, white plaques, accompanied by underlying reddening, are characteristic of psoriasis. In this case, they go along with itching.
In case of doubt and the presence of severe dandruff, a consultation with the dermatologist will be necessary.
As the expert reports, “a shampoo formulated with zinc pyrictone and acetylsalicylic acid helps reduce and control dandruff.” In addition, “zinc pyrictone is a potent antifungal and antimicrobial, which slows excessive cell turnover by reducing the proliferation of the fungus that causes dandruff.
Its ingredients absorb into the hair, forming an active deposit in the fight against the growth of the Malassezia fungus ., avoiding the reappearance of dandruff.”
For effective results, it is advisable to “wash your hair every day until you experience a reduction in symptoms, keeping the products in your hair for at least 5-10 minutes before rinsing.
When there is a definite improvement, the use of the anti-dandruff line can reduce to two or three times a week
HOW TO AVOID THE REAPPEARANCE OF DAMP Dandruff?
Once the removal of dandruff is achieving, it is equally important to ensure that it does not reappear. Abruptly interrupt the anti-dandruff treatment, abuse permanent or dyes, or use an unsuitable shampoo for each type of hair, are errors that should avoid. So that scurf does not reappear,” said the specialist.
In addition, experts recommend “using warm water for washing hair and cold water for final rinsing, to reactivate blood circulation and strengthen the skin of the scalp.” It is also important to “brush your hair regularly.
To prevent the fungus from reappearing and growing – and minimize the use of products such as fixing gels, waxes, lacquers, etc., since they damage the scalp if it does not wash good hair after use.
Also Read: How to Stretch Natural Hair Safely without Heat?