War Against Hair Loss: Hair loss continues to have a deep impact on people from all walks of life. This is one of the primary reasons why you see hair loss prevention products marketed on television daily.
When it comes to hair loss, many people aren’t sure where to get help. They typically select one of the following options:
- Take vitamins and other unique supplements created for hair loss.
- Purchase products that come with claims that they can stimulate hair growth.
- Try to conceal the problem by changing their hairstyle.
- Scale back on how often they shampoo their hair.
It’s imperative to point out that these modest methods rarely resolve the real issue.
If you’re losing your hair, you must take measures that will turn things around. We will now take a close look at ten tips that can help you win the war against hair loss.
1. See a Dermatologist
It’s important for you to find out why you’re losing your hair. You should schedule an appointment with an experienced board-certified dermatologist. They will not have any difficulty with getting to the source of the problem.
2. Stop Smoking
It doesn’t take a brain surgeon to know that smoking isn’t good for you. Medical studies show that smoking can cause inflammation throughout the human body. When this occurs, hair loss can take place.
If you don’t have the will to stop smoking, you should consider getting professional help. A smoke free life will pay huge dividends for your hair and overall health.
3. Change Your Diet
We’re pretty sure you’ve heard of the old saying, “You are what you eat.” It’s vital for you to be on a diet that gives your body essential nutrients like protein and iron. If your diet lacks essential nutrients, you are bound to experience hair loss.
4. Wash and Condition Your Hair Properly
Thinning hair is fragile and it can be damaged easily. Failing to wash and condition it properly can make matters worse.
Here are some pointers on washing your hair properly:
- Some popular shampoos contain harsh ingredients that can remove moisture from your hair, so you should make an earnest effort to find a brand that will be gentle on your hair. Reading the ingredients on the label will make it easier to select the ideal shampoo for your hair.
- Once you’re finished shampooing, carefully apply a moisturizing conditioner to your hair. The conditioner will minimize hair breakage and split ends.
- Take an extra step by using a leave-in conditioner. Applying a leave-in conditioner will help minimize the frizz, split ends, and breakage.
- Dry your hair with a microfiber towel. This will lower the amount of time you spend under the blow-dryer.
5. Stay Away from Hot Oil Treatments
Contrary to popular belief, hot oil treatments are not good for your hair. Hot oil treatments heat up your hair. When this happens, your fragile hair will be damaged.
6. Watch the Temperature Setting on Your Blow-Dryer
It may seem like a great idea to turn your blow-dryer on the highest setting, but this is counterproductive. You’ll be better off by letting your hair dry naturally. As we stated earlier, drying your hair in a microfiber towel is your best option.
7. Eradicate Bad Habits
It’s time for you to get rid of bad habits. In this case, twisting your hair around your fingers is not a good idea. This type of behavior can weaken your hair and cause more hair loss.
8. Be Careful of Chemical Treatments
In our humble opinion, you should find a reputable hair stylist if you’re interested in the following hair treatments: relaxing, perms, chemical straightening, and coloring.
A professional stylist will examine your scalp and hair thoroughly. Their examination will assist them with choosing a suitable product for you.
However, it’s your responsibility to make sure the stylist uses a high quality moisturizing conditioner after treating your hair.
To add to that, you should also carefully check what products you are using to help with hair loss. There might be some chemicals in those products that might be working against what you are trying to achieve.
A general rule of thumb is to go with a company that has a good reputation and a track record of providing the best products for hair loss. Nothing more, nothing less. Nisim International is one of those companies but you can find others just like them.
9. Be Leary of Certain Hairstyles
Buns, cornrows, and braids continue to maintain their popularity, but they are not the best hairstyles for people with hair loss issues.
These types of hairstyles pull on your hair and can cause traction alopecia. You could experience permanent hair loss.
Find a relaxed hairstyle that will not cause a problem for your hair follicles. You can find cool hairstyles in beauty magazines. You can also get some ideas from a professional hairstylist.
10. Give Your Hair Some TLC
Give your hair some tender loving care. This means you should comb or brush your hair gently so that you can style it with ease. Being too rough on your hair with the brush or comb can ruin your chances of avoiding hair loss.
Hair loss is a serious issue that affects millions of people around the globe. There are thousands of hair loss products being sold in the market these days.
Unfortunately, most of these products fail at meeting the consumer’s expectations.
Being proactive is the best defense against hair loss. Following the ten tips in this article can help you have a sharp edge over this troubling problem.