The mommy makeover is a popular combined plastic surgery procedure, created to help solve typical concerns that women have after giving birth and breastfeeding. The surgical process has made its way into well-liked culture, and it has turned out to be the surgery of interest even among Hollywood’s affluent.
The term “mommy makeover” refers to a particular set of body contouring treatments that are performed in tandem, to improve the physical alterations that occur after pregnancy. A reason for its appeal is that the procedure has no predetermined aspects; each operation is adapted to the demands of the individual patient. Futhermore, the surgical technique, on the other hand, frequently begins with a breast and abdominal reshaping procedure, followed by the addition of extra body regions as needed. Rest assured there are also natural alternatives that are beneficial such as a maternity girdle.
A Mommy Makeover’s Features
Because the breasts and stomach are the parts of the body that change the most during pregnancy, a mommy makeover will usually include a bosom and abdominal procedure. The breasts will grow during pregnancy and breastfeeding, sometimes by an entire cup size or even more. Resuming to normal can, however, result in a considerable loss of breast volume and visible sagging. The abdominal muscles, tissues, and skin stretch throughout pregnancy to keep up with the growing baby. Nevertheless, many times they never return to their firm, pre-baby form following childbirth.
The following procedures can be included in your mommy makeover:
- Liposuction can be performed to get rid of extra fat from the upper arms, thighs, abdomen, etc.
- Breast Lift can be done to make the breasts appear perkier and rounder.
- Tummy Tuck is often performed to remove extra skin and fat from the abdominal region.
- Breast Reduction is optional, if you desire to reduce the volume of your breasts.
Breast implants can replace lost volume and fullness, whereas a breast lift can improve shape by lifting sagging skin. Many cosmetic surgeons now use the Keller Funnel to avoid the risk of infection as well as capsular stiffness during breast augmentation. Furthermore, breast reduction surgery can help people with abnormally large, unpleasant breasts achieve a smaller, aesthetically desirable appearance.
A tummy tuck is a routinely additional method to further improve the body. A mommy makeover can also involve a butt lift, arm lift, or a thigh lift. However, ladies don’t have to quit there. This procedure can be done in one single operation or spaced out over numerous surgical appointments. However, it depends on the surgeon and the suggested set of operations.
Facts You Should Know About a Mommy Makeover
- The cosmetic procedure will be done as an outpatient procedure, which means you will be able to heal at home. Your cosmetic surgeon may suggest an overnight recovery unit for extra help within the first 24 hours.
- It may take up to two weeks to heal, depending on the surgeries included in the procedure. Expect to be uncomfortable, scarred, and swollen for up to two weeks.
- You’ll require support around the house. After your mommy makeover, you’ll be uncomfortable and sore for a couple of days, making normal duties challenging. Solicit the support of a family member or friend to help provide assistance.
- You’ll need time to work-out. This will guarantee that the results of your mommy makeover last. Be sure to maintain a healthy lifestyle that includes a well-balanced diet and regular exercise.
- Prepare for a major increase in self-assurance. Your mommy makeover will transform your life, giving you back your confidence as well as satisfaction in your beauty.
- Non-smokers are eligible for a mommy makeover. You should end smoking for a month prior to the procedure and after the makeover. This is necessary since smoking reduces circulation, which delays wound healing and increases the risk of significant problems. Use this as an excuse to quit smoking completely.
- Although much of the results of a mommy makeover are instantaneous, the entire outcomes cannot be judged until the swelling has reduced. This can take anywhere from six months to a year.
Your Customized Mommy Makeover
Your best choice is a mommy makeover, if you desire to restore your post-pregnancy physique to its pre-pregnancy form. Starting with research is the greatest approach to discover more about the cosmetic procedure. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons contains all the information you’ll need to get going. Locate a trustworthy, board-certified plastic surgeon where you live and set an in-person consultation, when you’re prepared to get a mommy makeover. Your cosmetic surgeon will give you the precise cost of the procedure during this time. The surgeon will also discuss payment choices and health-care financing possibilities.