Maintaining a healthy scalp is crucial for healthy hair growth. One method that has become quite popular is microneedling. It’s a simple and effective procedure that offers several benefits for your scalp’s health. In this article, we will discuss what microneedling is and its advantages, along with highlighting some key considerations.
Table of Contents
What is Microneedling?
Microneedling, also known as collagen induction therapy, is a non-invasive procedure that involves a small, handheld device with fine needles. These needles are used to create tiny, controlled punctures on the skin’s surface. When it comes to the scalp, it helps stimulate collagen production and significantly improves blood circulation. The procedure is known to be relatively quick and safe. When using deeper or longer needles, it’s best to do it in-clinic, with a professional.
Amplifying the Effect of Microneedling with Calecim’s Advanced Hair System
Micro-needling, often done through a derma-stamp, before the application of Calecim’s Advanced Hair System enables better and more enhanced absorption of the product. The deeper penetration helps ensure the product reaches hair follicles, mainly the follicle bulb, which contains the scalp’s stem cells. Calecim’s Advanced Hair System is formulated with PTT-6, Calecim’s proprietary active ingredient, which contains over 3,000 active growth factors, exosomes, and cytokines that support follicle cell production and help reduce scalp inflammation – known to be a common underlying cause of various types of hair loss. Overall, Calecim’s advanced hair system helps achieve fuller-looking hair by conditioning the scalp skin for a healthy-looking scalp, promoting a healthy and more normal hair follicle cycle, and helping achieve hair growth that is denser and thicker and is an efficacious male and female hair loss treatment.
Benefits of Microneedling for Scalp Health
- Hair Growth Stimulation: Microneedling encourages the production of collagen and elastin, which can lead to stronger hair follicles. This stimulation can result in improved hair growth.
- Improved Blood Circulation: Enhanced blood flow to the scalp means higher nutrient delivery to the hair follicles, which is great for hair growth and maintaining the quality of existing hair. Overall, this can help in maintaining healthy hair.
- Thicker and Stronger Hair: As collagen production increases, hair strands tend to become thicker, stronger, and more resilient. This is particularly beneficial for individuals with thinning hair.
- Enhanced Absorption of Products: Microneedling creates microchannels that allow hair growth products, such as stem cell serums and oils, to penetrate deeper into the scalp. This, in turn, improves the effectiveness of the product.
- Reduced Scalp Conditions: Microneedling can help with various scalp conditions, including dandruff, dryness, and itching. It can also aid in controlling oil production.
- Professional Procedure: Microneedling for the scalp, especially when using deeper needles, should be performed by a trained and certified professional. It’s crucial to choose a reputable clinic or practitioner to ensure safety and effectiveness.
- Multiple Sessions: Achieving optimal results usually requires multiple microneedling sessions. This may involve an initial series of treatments followed by occasional maintenance sessions.
- Post-Treatment Care: After microneedling, your scalp may experience some redness and minor discomfort. Proper post-treatment care, with products such as Calecim’s Advanced Hair System, is essential to achieve the best results.
- Patience is Key: It’s important to understand that results may not be immediate. Hair growth and improvement in scalp health can take time, so patience is key.
- Not Suitable for Everyone: Microneedling may not be suitable for individuals with certain scalp conditions or medical issues. Consultation with a healthcare professional is advised before commending the microneedling treatment for the scalp.
Microneedling for scalp health is a simple and effective way to promote hair growth and maintain a healthy scalp, and is validated to work well as a hair loss treatment. It offers benefits such as hair growth stimulation, improved blood circulation, thicker hair, enhanced product absorption, and relief from scalp conditions. However, it’s crucial to approach microneedling with care, making sure a professional performs it, realizing the need for multiple sessions, and being patient for results. If you’re looking to enhance your scalp health and improve hair growth, microneedling may be a viable option to explore.