Color Contacts: As the Halloween season draws near, there are some who have already started planning their costumes. If you haven’t given it much thought, here is a list of colored contacts and costumes you can wear them with!
Table of Contents
Why Wear Contacts?
There are many reasons to wear colored contacts. They change our eyes and help us express our creativity, especially when the spooky season comes around. They give Halloween costumes a little extra flair.
How to Wear Contacts?
If you’re unfamiliar with wearing contacts, we’ve provided instructions to help you out.
- Wash your hands. This is the most important step because whatever is on your hands will transfer over to the lens and, ultimately, your eye. If you’ve just eaten a spicy chicken sandwich or finished off a bag of hot chips, that can be quite painful.
- Clean the Lens. After removing the lens from the packaging, hold the contact lens in the palm of your hand and clean it with contact solution. Make sure to never use your nails when handling contacts because you’ll rip the lens.
- Place the lens on the tip of your finger. The lens should be in a bowl shape; otherwise, it’s inside out. With your other hand, gently hold your eyelids open with your fingers.
- Do this in front of a mirror. Lightly touch the contact lens to your eye and blink a few times so that it settles comfortably.
If you’ve never worn contacts before, the process can be a little intimidating. But the more you do it, the easier it’ll be.
There are many different colors to pair with your Halloween costumes, and some colors fit better with certain costumes, and others are going to pair well with many different colors.
What’s really important is that you are having fun and being creative while putting your costume together.
- Demon – The best part about a demon costume is that you can wear absolutely anything! You can choose to dress to impress or go casual!
- Black Willow from Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Quite the devilish color, pair red contacts with a sinister costume!
- Black Swan
- Queen of Hearts
- Vampire – This is a great costume for anyone who wants to be sexy and scary at the same time. You can get dark red contact lenses and fake blood to complete the look.
- The Exorcist
- Pennywise – If you’re looking to be extra creative and scary with your makeup, this terrifying clown is a sure choice! Just be sure to pair it with red contacts.
- Wanda Maximoff from Marvel
White eyes give off quite the spooky feel!
- Skeleton or Skull
Blue eyes are perfect for pulling off an innocent look – or a particularly devilish one!
- Alice in Wonderland
- Bubbles from Powerpuff Girls
- Harley Quinn – If you want to be extra creative with a Harley Quinn Costume, you can pair a pink contact with a blue one for a crazier look!
Shades of green aren’t very common in eyes, but they’re so pretty and sought after. They’re perfect for making your costume stand out.
Fantastic Costume Ideas for green contacts are:
- The Hulk
- Poison Ivy
- Shego from Kim Possible
- Buttercup from Powerpuff Girls
- Cruella De Vil
- Deku from My Hero Academia
- Black Widow – If you’re short on time, the Black Widow is an easy one to put together; just wear any all-black outfit with blue contacts.
Yellow might not be the most popular option for a contact, but there are still great costumes to wear it with.
- Neytiri from Avatar
- Yellow Eyes from Supernatural
Violet-colored contacts are perfect for pairing with a fantasy look!
- Cheshire Cat
If you’re planning on going all out this Halloween season, consider donning some color contacts! Here are three easy ways to wear them:
- As part of an eye makeup look.
- As an accessory to any costume.
- As part of an all-over costume ensemble.
They’re fun, and there’s a color for every costume!
Where Can I Buy Contact Lenses?
There are many places where you can buy Halloween color contacts. You can find them online or even in stores in your area.
There are so many colors to consider when choosing colored contacts for your Halloween costume. Have fun choosing, and be safe!