Maintain Natural & Glowing Skin: Our face suffers not a little from the damage caused by the hours spent in front of the screens of electronic devices, whether it is video calls with friends and family or business meetings.
In fact, blue light can have the same negative effects in the long run as incorrect exposure to sunlight. Digital light is light radiation belonging to the solar spectrum of UV and IR rays: it is, therefore, more likely that wrinkles, lines, signs of fatigue in the periocular area, dryness will appear.
To protect the skin of the face, it is advisable to moisturize the skin often with suitable products, preferably without fragrances or preservatives that can cause allergies or irritations.
Table of Contents
Maintaining Natural, Youthful & Glowing Skin
You can use special creams or, once a week or according to the product indications, you can use natural skin care products, perhaps containing active ingredients and vitamins able to improve the appearance of the skin, such as vitamin C and vitamin derivatives too. Getting the right amount of vitamins has been championed before by CV Skins, an industry leader in skincare. You can visit their skincare blog to find out more.
It is also very important to pay attention to the eye contour, using a specific cream or anti-fatigue serum morning and evening. To apply it, it is best to use the ring finger, tapping the product until completely absorbed. If kept in the fridge, among other things, eye contour products have better anti-edema efficacy and reduce bags.
Finally, it may seem obvious, but it is equally important to avoid being in front of the screen before going to sleep: digital light alters the production of melatonin and the sleep-wake rhythm.
All this can be remedied by taking advantage of the greatest amount of time available and dedicating extra attention to your glowing skin. An example would be the body scrub. The scrub is very useful because, in addition to eliminating dead cells, it gives shine to the epidermis and promotes the natural regeneration of the skin. We offer three “recipes” to prepare the scrub at home, with easily available ingredients.
3 Important Scrubs for Skin
- Coffee scrub: three coffee grounds, three tablespoons of brown sugar, and three tablespoons of oil are enough.
- Cocoa Scrub: For this scrub, we will need three tablespoons of sugar, a tablespoon of cocoa powder, a tablespoon of natural and raw honey, and a tablespoon of oil.
- Salt scrub: five tablespoons of sea salt and five tablespoons of oil.
In case of skin diseases, redness or abrasions do not use these compounds without first consulting your doctor.
The procedure is the same for everyone: the compound should be applied to dry skin and then rinsed with water, preferably not hot, to avoid further drying the skin.
For all three preparations, you can choose the oil you prefer, from olive oil to sweet almond oil, shea oil, argan oil.
Prolonged cleansing with inappropriate soaps can alter the surface hydrolipidic film, which is the protective layer that keeps the skin intact and hydrated: for this reason, even for the hands, we recommend maintaining proper hydration, using suitable products.
Better to use lighter creams during the day, which protect the skin from the outside; before going to sleep you can use creams and more strongly moisturizing products.
Daily, Weekly & Monthly Routine for A Healthy Skin
1. Wash your face twice a day, one in the morning and one in the evening. In the morning, it’s important to cleanse your skin to prepare it for moisturizers, sunscreen, and makeup. In the evening, you will wash away all the impurities accumulated during the day, such as make-up and environmental toxins. Never go to bed without removing make-up, it is forbidden to have perfect glowing skin! Makeup clogs the pores and does not allow the skin to breathe well, it also retains dirt and pollution of the epidermis. Once you have cleaned your face with micellar water or cleanser, apply a hyaluronic acid-based cream.
2. Wash your face with cold or lukewarm water, but never hot. With this simple gesture, you will not run into the annoying problem of dry skin and it will also apply to the skin of the hands. Also, do not spend too much time in the shower and, to dry yourself, pat your skin with a soft cloth without rubbing yourself.
3. In the eye area, the skin is much thinner and more delicate, so the moisturizer you use for the whole face will not be enough. Use an eye cream based on Vitamin C, in this way you will increase the natural production of collagen and the thickness of the skin. Neck, cleavage, hands, and arms are the parts that suffer the most from sun damage, so always apply a moisturizer and body oil after showering to eliminate moisture.
4. Always apply sunscreen even if it is not summer and even if you are not on holiday by the sea or in the mountains. For any phototype, it is good to apply for protection with a protection factor of 30 or higher. Protecting yourself from the sun’s rays will help prevent certain skin diseases, reduce the development of wrinkles, keep your complexion spotless, and help skin defense.
5. Drink lots of water, try to sleep 8 hours a night, and eat healthily. Go for fruits and vegetables as they are notoriously antioxidant, nourishing, and deflating foods.
1. Exfoliate your face with a homemade scrub. This operation is essential to eliminate dead cells and restore brightness to the skin.
2. Make a face mask, it will also be an opportunity to enjoy a few minutes of relaxation. A soothing face mask will help the formation of collagen thus making your skin relaxed and radiant. Leave the mask on the face for 10-15 minutes and you will reduce the formation of skin spots. For greater effectiveness, use a mask suitable for your skin type. Oily, combination, or dry, your skin still needs to be nourished.
3. Hit the gym at least 3 times a week and your skin will glow! Physical training will help shrink pores and reduce mental and physical stress. Eat foods that contain Omega3, such as salmon, almonds, and walnuts which also have anti-inflammatory power.
4. Keep clean your makeup brushes resting in your cosmetic bag and changed at least once a week the pillowcases pillow on which you sleep.
1. Do a brown sugar body scrub. Excessive use of exfoliant could dry out your skin, but a monthly scrub in the shower will only be good for your skin. Apply the scrub to damp skin and massage (without rubbing too hard) with slow rotating movements. This will reactivate the circulation in favor of epidermal well-being. Don’t forget the critical points like knees, elbows, and heels. If you feel a slight tingling do not worry, it means that the microcirculation is reactivating! At the end of the peeling, pat your body dry with a cotton towel and put on good moisturizing body cream.
2. Talk to a dermatologist and proceed with a chemical peel once a month. This procedure, performed only by professionals working in the medical sector, will help reduce and prevent facial skin blemishes and promote relevant illumination.
3. Change creams and cosmetics according to the seasons. Winter tends to dry out the skin, so in the cold months, it would be better to use creams and cosmetics for dry skin. In the summer the skin tends to become oily and therefore specific products are more suitable.
4. Check the expiration date of your cosmetics and creams on a monthly basis, to avoid using products that are no longer effective. Also, once a month (even every 2), do a self-screening of moles and if you find someone new or someone who has changed in shape, size and color make a call to the dermatologist as a precaution.