Online shopping can be a great way to get the clothes you want without having to leave your house. However, it can also be stressful if you don’t know what you’re doing. Join us as we give you tips and tricks for shopping online as a plus-size woman. By following these tips, you can make the process easier and far less stressful.
The New Plus Size
Plus size is a term used to describe women who wear clothing sizes that are larger than the traditional size range. The standard size range for plus-size clothing is typically 14-24, but some brands may go up to a size 28 or beyond.
The plus-size industry is growing rapidly too. This is as more and more women find that they don’t fit into the traditional size range. As a result, many new brands and retailers are popping up that specialize in plus-size clothing.
This is great news for the plus-size woman. They have more options than ever before when it comes to finding clothes that fit their body type. It also means that the quality and style of plus-size clothing is getting better.
The Plus-Size Body
When it comes to the shape of a plus-size body, there are three main types: Hourglass, Pear, and Apple.
- Hourglass: The hourglass body type is curvy with a defined waist and bust.
- Pear: The pear body type is curvier than the hourglass, with most of its weight carried in the hips and thighs.
- Apple: The apple body type is curvier than the pear, with most of their weight carried in the stomach and chest.
Tips on How To Find the Right Clothes for Your Body Type
Now that you know the three main types of plus-size bodies, it’s time to start shopping for clothes. Here are a few tips on how to find the right clothes for your body type:
- If you have an hourglass body type, look for clothing that accentuates your waist. This will help create the illusion of an even more hourglass-like figure.
- If you have a pear body type, look for clothing that is loose in the hips and thighs. This will help to balance out your proportions.
- If you have an apple body type, look for clothing that is fitted in the stomach and chest. This will help to create a more defined waistline.
How To Shop Online for Plus-Size Clothing
Now that you know how to find the right clothes for your body type, it’s time to start shopping online. Here are a few tips on what you look for when shopping for plus-size clothes:
- Look for well-made clothes that fit your body type. Just because you’re plus size doesn’t mean you have to wear shapeless, baggy clothes. There are many stylish and flattering options available in the plus-size category.
- Be mindful of your budget. Just because you’re plus size doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune on clothes. There are many affordable options available, both online and in stores.
- Check the size chart. Every store is different, so it’s important to check the size chart before buying anything. This way, you can be sure that the clothing will fit you.
- Read the reviews. Before buying anything, be sure to read the reviews. This will give you a good idea of what others think of the item and whether or not it’s worth your money.
- Compare prices. Don’t just buy the first thing you see! Take some time to compare prices between different stores before making your final decision.
- Know your return policy. Make sure you know the store’s return policy before buying anything. That way, if something doesn’t fit or you don’t like it, you can easily return it.
Plus Size Absolutes To Shop By
A few more quick tips for shopping online? When you’re plus-size, it’s important to know your measurements. This will save you a lot of time and hassle when shopping online. You’ll want to measure your bust, waist, hips, and inseam.
You should also make a list of the items you need or want before you start shopping. This way, you won’t be tempted to buy things you don’t need. While you’ll also keep from feeling overwhelmed at all the options you have. Last but not least? Make sure to set a budget for yourself so that you don’t overspend.
Staying Positive: A New Wardrobe
By following these tips, you can shop for plus-size clothing with confidence. You’ll be able to find the right clothes for your body type and budget, without any stress.
Finally, don’t be afraid to ask for help. If you’re not sure about something, reach out to the store’s customer service team. With a little bit of knowledge and these tips, you can easily find stylish, flattering, and affordable plus-size clothing.