In this article, we share five products to extract oil stains from clothes: alcohol, dishwasher detergent, baking soda, white vinegar, and talcum powder.
If we want to extract oil stains from clothing, we must use particular products, since each substance must be treated individually. If we do not have one specific stain removal product, we can help you with some home solutions.
Now, we share 5 products to extract oil stains from clothes. Keep reading to know more!
Table of Contents
5 Best Products to Eliminate Oil Stains From Clothes
First of all, one of the products that we have on hand and that is very effective in removing stains from clothes is dish detergent. This concentrated liquid detergent will be very effective if we use it from the first moment. However, we will avoid this solution if the garment is light in color since it could stain it more.
- First, add a few drops of dishwasher detergent to cover the stain. It will be better if we do it just at the moment of staining ourselves.
- Then rub the stain with a little water and put it in the washing machine as usual.
Secondly, we propose a product that has multiple uses, both at home and for health and beauty advice. Everyone should have a bottle of baking soda nearby, which can work from a facial scrub to a solution to absorb odors. In this case, it will help us to eliminate annoying oil spots.
- To start, moisten the stain with water.
- Next, prepare a paste that we will make by mixing baking soda with a little water, and we will apply it to cover the stain.
- We can use a toothbrush to rub the stain so that the product penetrates better.
- Leave to act for some minutes and wash the garment as usual.
- Besides, we highlight that bicarbonate is an excellent natural softener to help white clothes stay cleaner and maintain color better. Finally, this product also allows balancing the pH of the washing water.
Talcum Powder to Extract oil stains
Third, we turn to another product that we have at home and for which we can suggest various uses. We refer to the popular talcum powder that we usually use with our babies. However, they will also help us to fix our oil stains on any type of garment, whatever the fabric and color.
- To start, put the garment on and generously apply the talcum powder to cover the oil stain well.
- With this product, we will have to wait for 2 hours for it to absorb the oil, even an entire day.
- After this time, we will clean the stain. If there are still traces of oil, we can repeat the application.
- Finally, wash clothes normally.
Vinegar is another standard product if we do natural cleaning in our home. Besides, many people use it as an alternative to fabric softener, to keep clothes and the washing machine in good form. In this case, it is also an adequate solution to eliminate oil stains.
- Apply white vinegar on the stain until it is completely covered.
- Leave to run for at least 30 min.
- Then wash the garment as usual.
- Note: Always avoid vinegar products that include other added ingredients.
Finally, if the previous products have not worked, we can use 90 ° alcohol. However, we do not recommend this solution if the garments are too delicate, as we could damage them.
- First, apply just a few drops of rubbing alcohol to the oil stain.
- Then leave it on for a couple of minutes and wash as usual by hand or in the washing machine.
- Now you know some products that you have at home that can help you extract oil stains from clothes. Keep them on hand to always keep your clothes in perfect condition.
Also Read: Top 5 Best Solarmovie Alternatives, Proxy and Mirror Sites – Is Solar Movie Legal?
KNOW MORE:- gaintrennds