Are you considering IVF? Here’s a list of foods to include in your diet.
Infertility can be caused by a variety of circumstances, including changing lifestyles and increasing stress. Some couples find it challenging to plan a family. In such a situation, IVF experts from the Nisha IVF Centre, Ahmedabad’s best IVF centre, say that in vitro fertilization (IVF) has proven to be an efficient way to conceive.
Nisha IVF Centre is one of Ahmedabad’s leading IVF clinics. It is now known throughout Gujarat and surrounding regions for providing affordable IVF procedures with a high success rate. Thousands of couples have benefited from our unrivaled clinical, technical, and pioneering research competence and tremendous experience.
We believe in developing a culture of excellence by setting new standards for best practices in fertility and IVF-related operations so that you can achieve your goal of having a child. Our fertility specialists have some of the best credentials in the country, and our work is guided by cutting-edge technology to ensure a reasonable conclusion.
Dr. H. B. Patel, Dr. Nisarg Patel, and Dr. Himali Maniar, three of Ahmedabad’s most famous IVF specialists, created Nisha IVF Centre in 2016 to provide patients with highly specialized gynecology treatment. We have a lot of experience and knowledge regarding treating infertility and gynecological concerns in women.
Nisha IVF Centre has been a top infertility facility in Ahmedabad for the past five years, providing holistic fertility care with well-trained and competent gynecologists and fertility specialists.
We aspire to attain a high success rate even in cases of acute infertility. We’re always trying to develop new ways to help patients have a more pleasant treatment experience.
The mature eggs from the ovaries are extracted and fertilized with sperm during the IVF procedure. The entire procedure is carried out in a laboratory. After fertilization, the embryo/embryos are transported to the mother’s or surrogate’s uterus to assist them in developing. The process should take about three weeks in total, although it may need to be split and take longer.
It has been shown that a woman’s body weight affects her fertility. According to studies, being overweight or underweight can affect the success probability of IVF treatment. As a result, it is advisable to be in shape before beginning the IVF procedure.
Another thing to keep in mind is that the IVF process can be emotionally and physically draining. To achieve better effects, it is therefore recommended to maintain a balanced diet throughout the treatment. A healthy diet can also boost mood, which can speed up the process of gaining results.
There is no special diet that should be followed when undergoing IVF treatment. It is, however, recommended that you eat a healthy, well-balanced diet. Furthermore, at this time, one should refrain from making any significant dietary changes. It is not advisable, for example, to go vegan or to eat a gluten-free diet solely for this period. The doctor from the top IVF centre in Ahmedabad advises that you should stick to it if you have been following this lifestyle.
During this stage, the main focus is on ensuring that the body receives all of its nutrients through meals. Furthermore, following an anti-inflammatory diet can be advantageous and lead to a higher success rate.
Paying attention to your nutrition and getting enough necessary nutrients will make it easier for your body to bear a pregnancy.
Here are some items to avoid while undergoing IVF treatment:
- Processed foods: These contain a lot of preservatives and should be avoided during this time. Processed foods, such as sausages, salami, and other deli meats, contain more hormone residue and may interfere with treatment. As a result, giving them up is recommended for better results.
- Artificial sweeteners: These are harmful to one’s health and should be avoided during IVF because saccharin-based sweeteners lower the treatment’s success rate.
- Raw eggs: These may contain the salmonella virus, which causes food poisoning. Cooked eggs are therefore advised during the treatment phase.
- Alcohol: Studies show that drinking too much alcohol can affect fertility.
- Smoking: Smoking is not only hazardous for your lungs, but it can also affect your fertility. As a result, one should consider quitting for the duration of their IVF therapy.
When it comes to the food that should be consumed during this time, the following is a list of foods advised during IVF therapy.
- Zinc-rich foods: Zinc aids in the body’s hormone regulation. Zinc-rich foods include grains, nuts, dairy products, meats, and potatoes, which should be included in one’s diet.
- Folic acid-rich foods: Folic acid aids in the proper development of a baby’s brain and spinal cord. Folic acid is provided as a supplement during pregnancy for this reason. One’s diet should include folic acid-rich foods, such as spinach, broccoli, asparagus, romaine lettuces, turnip greens, beans, and peas.
- Foods high in iron: Pumpkin seeds, oysters, and spinach are all excellent sources of iron. Iron deficiency can lead to anemia, which can cause a baby to be born prematurely or too tiny.
- Protein-rich foods: Experts say that boosting protein intake by just 1 gram per day before fertility therapy can improve the baby’s birth weight. High protein foods include lean chicken, fish, tofu, beans, lentils, yogurt, milk, seeds, spinach, broccoli, and almonds. To improve protein intake, well-cooked eggs can be added to the diet.
Green Leafy Vegetables, Dates, Bananas, and Pineapple are some more foods that are useful during IVF treatment. While it is critical to eat well, it is equally important to drink enough water and be hydrated at all times.