Want to get rid of your pimples and blackheads? We mean, who doesn’t fancy having glowy, clean acne and pimple-free skin? No one, right? So, we recommend a face mask if you’re also like everyone who wants to give their skin the much-needed glow.
Maybe it seems intimidating at first, but we promise it’s easy and relaxing. If you want to spend a stress free afternoon? Mix up a face mask, apply and lay back while listening to some music, and trust us, you’ll fall in love with it. You read that right, folks. Normally, having a face mask means going to the parlor or spa and spending almost half your day there. But we bring fresh homemade solutions, which are infinitely healthier than those in any spa.
It’s okay if you don’t have the necessary ingredients; that’s one of the beauties of DIY face masks! All the ingredients are most likely in your very own kitchen! So you don’t have to spend your savings on stuffy old products that hardly make any difference to your skin. So all the spices and everything nice are put by you. Hence you control all the vitamins and minerals in the mask just like you do with your health when you regularly take your Sambucus elderberry gummies.
Table of Contents
DIY Homemade Facemask Recipes
Now that we know all that let’s discuss some recipes for face masks that will give you glowing, radiant skin.
1. Turmeric Face Mask
Well, the obvious ingredient is turmeric. Mix it with some honey. This will give it a paste-like texture. Its benefits include reducing inflammation or swelling and helps brightens your skin. Here are the steps to make it:
- Combine one teaspoon turmeric with one tablespoon honey. Make sure both are blended together properly
- Firstly, you need to wash your face and dry it completely with a towel. After that apply the mixture to your face. Once, you’re done, you should leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Now, wash it off with warm or lukewarm water
- Lastly, apply moisturizer to your face to contour the dryness.
2. Honey Face Mask
It goes without saying that honey is nutritionally beneficial. It’s basically considered a universal ingredient when making any DIY skincare stuff. It has antibacterial properties that help clear up acne. So, here’s another treatment for acne-prone skin, i.e., nutritional yeast, which happens to be our second ingredient. It is rich in Vitamin B, which gives your skin a soothing feeling and helps in prevents further breakouts.
Here’s how to make a face mask of honey and yeast:
- Firstly, make a cup of chamomile tea using two bags. Let the tea cool down.
- While the tea cools, mix one tablespoon of honey and one teaspoon of nutritional yeast together until it’s a blended mixture
- Start adding the chamomile tea at a steady pace. This will allow the mixture to turn into a thick paste, so you can use it as a face mask. Add the tea slowly; take care not to add too much too quickly otherwise, the mixture will be too watery.
- Once you finish, apply the paste to the face as a mask and keep it on for approximately 15-20 minutes.
- After it’s dry, rinse it off with water (preferably warm). Lastly, apply moisturizer.
3. Avocado Face Mask
Have a dry face? Is the skin being itchy or patchy? We present you with a hydrating face mask with none other than avocado.
Avocados contain omega-3 fatty acids that aid in hydrating and moisturizing your skin. A few drops of olive oil and a spoonful of honey and yogurt to help along the process. As for how to make it.
- Firstly, start by mashing an avocado.
- Secondly, drop in two tablespoons of yogurt (plain yogurt would do)
- Now, add one tablespoon of olive oil and one tablespoon of honey
- Make sure everything is mixed together properly
- Wait 15 to 20 minutes after applying the paste
- Rinse off the mask, and you’re good to go!
4. A Breakfast Mask
Thanks to its soothing oatmeal and tightening egg yolks, this breakfast-themed mask calms and mattifies oily skin. Do the following to make it:
- Mix half a cup of oatmeal with one egg yolk, one tablespoon of honey, and one tablespoon of olive oil (that’s right, olive oil).
- Put the mix on your face and allow it to sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Make sure you rinse with lukewarm water and moisturize afterward.
5. A Juice Cleanser
We all need deep cleaning of our skins after having a hectic week, right? And what can be better than using fruit juice to make your own cleansing mask? Like applying fruit juice to your skin, eating berries and berry extracts can be beneficial for your overall health. The health benefits of elderberry and other fruits cannot be overstated. Therefore, to live a healthy life with glowing and radiant skin, make it a habit to eat fruits regularly.
- Take the freeze-dried strawberry powder, freeze-dried blueberry powder, and coconut milk powder and mix them together.
- Put the mixture in a tightly sealed container and freeze it.
- By adding a few drops of water and stirring until the mixture becomes creamy, the mask is ready to be used.
- You should leave the mask on your skin for about ten minutes.
- Apply moisturizer to your face after rinsing it with lukewarm water.
Now that we’ve shared our secret recipes with you. It’s time to try them out! It would be great to hear how they worked for you. Good luck and stay healthy y’all!