Remember those days when over-plucking the eyebrows seem to be the trend? Thank goodness those days are over. These days, the newest eyebrow trend is the arched, fluffy, and full brows. Unfortunately, this has been a real hassle for most ladies to achieve. While some are suffering from real cases of hair loss, some have medical conditions impeding the growth of their hair. Some are even yet to recover from overplucking their brows.
Whichever the case may be, there is always a solution to it – the eyebrow wig. With this wig, you can get the perfect brow type you’ve envisioned. However, there is a controversy around it.
Since they are fake eyebrows are made from different materials – human hair or silk – there is a steaming confusion of which one to choose. The silk eyebrow wig or the human hair eyebrow wig?
This post gives clarity to the issue and answers the question of why you should choose human hair eyebrows instead of silk ones. Read on to find out more!
Table of Contents
What exactly are eyebrow wigs?
In simple words, eyebrow wigs are wigs for the brows. They are made of real hair or faux hair strand arranged on lace or gel-like base or backing, cut in the shape of an eyebrow.
And, They come in different colors, ranging from blonde to darker shades, depending on your skin tone and preference. They also come in different shapes. There are arched ones, flat ones, and fluffy ones.
Silk Eyebrows Wigs
Silk eyebrow wigs or lace eyebrow wigs are cut to fit the shape of the eyebrow. The base is made of lace backing. The individual strand of hair is hand-tied to it. Think of it as your conventional lace wig, only in a smaller version made for the eyebrows.
Although the lace is soft, there is still a tendency of brow hair sticking to it when pulling it off. Also, it is not natural looking. They are made from high-temperature silk fiber and will remain unnatural-looking.
Human Hair Eyebrow Wigs
They are made from real human hair and are the closest thing you can get to the natural brows. They are hand-made. Each strand is strategically placed by hand in the direction of hair growth on the gel-like base to mimic natural hair.
Benefits of Human Hair Eyebrow Wigs Over Silk Eyebrow wigs.
- Fake human hair eyebrow gives a fuller and more natural-looking effect on the brows than the silk one. This is attributed to the material they are made from. Each strand of hair is inserted into a clear, skin-like, and gel-like base. The base is a mixture of polyurethane and silicone. The polyurethane gives it the rubber or gel-like effect, while the silicone makes it feel and look like real skin.
- They are comfortable to wear, especially on shaved eyebrows or minimal hair.
- They are easy to wear, remove, and clean
- And, They can be reused for up to 3 months when properly cared for.
- They can also be resized.
- Human hair fake eyebrows will not pull out your natural brows. Although the adhesive is used for fitting the brow wig, no hair is lost. The wig has a skin-like backing unlike the lace of the silk ones. They slide over the brows when been pulled off, they don’t get stuck. But the same cannot be said for the silk fake eyebrows.
How To Apply Human Hair Fake Eyebrow
- First off, start with a clean face. Clean the brow area thoroughly and carefully to remove oil and makeup. Exfoliate if you must.
- Next is to mark the start and the endpoint on your brow with a brow pencil. Measure the wig against your brows to compare the length and size. You can trim off the excess.
- Apply a little amount of glue at the back of the fake eyebrow and spread it all over with a tail comb. Ensure to use as little glue as possible. Leave it to dry a little (10 to 15 minutes) to become tacky before applying it to your brows.
- Place it gently on your brows and align it with the marked lines.
- Press down on it firmly for up to a minute until the adhesive is set.
- The next part is my favorite part. Groom the brow wig. The aim here is to match your wig with your face. Trim stray hairs and apply gel to hold the hairs in a fixed place. Don’t forget to highlight with a concealer to give your brows more definition.
- Dust powder on it to finish off the natural effect.
How To Remove Fake Eyebrows
- You remove fake eyebrows with a cotton swab and a glue remover, oil-based ones to be precise.
- Soak the swab in the remover and dab your brows to soften the glue.
- Gently peel off the eyebrow starting from the inner corner.
- When it comes off, remove glue residue from it with a cleanser
- Rinse it in cool water
- Allow it to air dry and carefully brush it with a spoolie.
- This technique can also be used to loosen up the wig to make it bushier
How To Resized The Fake Eyebrows
Brow wigs can be cut to the desired shape. To do that, carefully pull back the hair to reveal more gel backing. Cut between the hairs to avoid cutting off all the hairs.
You can also trim the hair to your desired length. Here you need to bend the wig to expose more hair to get the accurate length. Ensure to cut with sharp scissors using precise strokes not to damage the hair strands.
Where To Get Human Hair Eyebrow Wig
Appearanz Online store is what you need. There, you can get fake eyebrows of professional quality, all of which are hand-made. Although they are designed for those without eyebrows, you can follow the trend too – if you’re willing to shave off your brows. Appearanz fake eyebrows can be worn up to seven days at a stretch without taking them off. They also can last up to 3 months before replacing them.
There are the mocha arched fake eyebrows and the dark brown arched brow wig. They can be worn with wig glue and enhanced with brow pencils.
Alternatively, you can try out the eyebrow stickers. They give the illusion of real brows and have the same effect as the eyebrow wig, except that it is a sticker ink.