Hair density is a characteristic of the hair strand and doesn’t change over time. It is defined by the number of hair follicles in a single square centimetre scalp. Typically, men have higher hair density than women, and people with black hair have a much higher hair density than people with blond or red hair.
Thinning or outright balding may happen due to your genes or hormones, dry skin, over-styling your hair, and scratching the scalp. If you are suffering from this condition, proper shampooing and conditioning with brands like Vichy France can help improve hair density. Here’s everything you need to know before buying these products.
How To Check Your Hair Density?
It’s easier to tell that your hair is thinning when the scalp becomes visible. If you have a coarsely textured head of hair, you might not notice anything amiss until 50% of the original volume has gone.
You can also see if your hair density is normal by observing it closely in light or strong sunlight – healthy hair should reflect light and look shiny and full. If you see these signs, your hair density is compromised.
- Your hair tends to get greasy quickly, or you wash it too often, which can cause your hair to thin out even more.
- Your ponytail is smaller than you’d like it to be, or your part dips down when you tie it back.
- You can see or feel individual hair strands on your head instead of a smooth layer, especially in the shower when the conditioner is washed out.
If you haven’t noticed any problems with your hair yet, there are things you can still do to reduce the risk of thinning: use gentle shampoos and conditioners, try not to go too long between washes, and always wear a hat when in the sun.
How To Select the Right Shampoo and Conditioner?
If you think your hair density is low, talk to your hairstylist or local dermatologist for suggestions on products that are right for you. Finding high-quality brands like Vichy France is ideal when you’re looking to improve your hair quality.
Remember, not all shampoos are created equal. If you want to find the best shampoo and conditioner for your hair density, keep these tips in mind:
1) Choose The Right Ingredients
Many different types of nutritious ingredients may help with hair density. Some common ones include biotin, nettle extract, horsetail extract, and rosemary leaf extract. Consider looking around online or asking your dermatologist about it if you want more options.
Choose The Right Products. Shampoo And Conditioner
Look for the following ingredients in both your shampoo and conditioner:
– Niacinamide has been clinically proven to help with hair growth. It also helps with skin elasticity, which is why it’s found in so many anti-aging products.
– Saw palmetto extract contains fatty acids, antioxidants, sterols, and plant acids. It can help with hair density, making it a good choice if thin or fine hair.
– Inositol penetrates deep into the scalp and increases collagen production. It’s also known to make your hair shinier and smoother to the touch.
– Vitamin A is known as retinol or pro-vitamin A, which is found in the cells of every human. It plays a crucial role in hair growth by regulating cell turnover and regeneration.
– Vitamin B5 is commonly referred to as pantothenic acid, which helps metabolize protein, carbohydrates, and fats. It’s also vital for creating healthy skin cells throughout your body.
2) Look for the Right Hair Density Supplement
It is essential to supplement your diet with high-quality vitamins and nutrients to increase your hair density. Vitamin C is one of the best choices, as it has been clinically proven to lead to healthier keratin levels in the body, which can make your hair less prone to breakage.
3) See Your Dermatologist
If you are still struggling with thin or fine hair after taking all of the above steps, then it might be time to see your dermatologist.
A dermatologist can help determine why exactly your hair is becoming finer and may be able to prescribe the right vitamins or supplements to help. Remember that hair loss can sometimes be linked to other health problems, including hypothyroidism or anemia, so it’s essential to consult your doctor first. They may also recommend you to use brands like Vichy to improve hair quality.
4) Avoid Chemicals
If your hair is becoming thinner, remember that chemicals are one of the main reasons.
Most chemical-based shampoos and conditioners contain sulfates and parabens, which can strip away all the oils in your scalp and cause damage to the follicles. Not only does this make your hair thinner and more fragile, but it also makes it more likely to fall out and cause balding.
When you consider how important your hair is not only for physical appearance but feeling good about yourself, it’s easy to see why this issue is so common. After all, your hair is one of the first things people notice when they look at you.