Thick yellow nails can have different internal or external causes. In any case, the aesthetic effect can be quite annoying. And it is not a matter of painting them to hide the coloration since sometimes the enamel itself is the cause of it. Next, we will see six treatments to look healthy nails again.
Reasons for Thick Yellow Nails
- In principle, several factors should be evaluated. Starting with the internal causes, liver inflammation, such as that caused by hepatitis, can be mentioned. On the other hand, the low availability of vitamins A and B generates a yellowish shade on the nails.
- As for external reasons, the most frequent is the consumption of tobacco, since holding the cigarette in the hand stains nicotine fingers and nails. In these cases, the most affected fingers are precisely the index and ring fingers of the hand used for smoking.
- Another cause of thick yellow nails is the continued use of nail polish or false nails. Among other things, because the nails lose oxygenation as they are covered continuously, damaging the keratin and preventing cell regeneration.
- The chemical components of nail polishes can include toluene, ethyl acetate, or butyl acetate, which are ultimately toxic to the skin and nails.
- Also, you may notice your thick yellow nails if you have fungus, which is located under the nails weakening the keratin. Other internal causes are psoriasis, diabetes, or natural aging itself.
Remedies Against Thick Yellow Nails
When the cause of the irregular tone of the nails is internal, that is, due to a lack of vitamins, liver inflammation, or a disease such as psoriasis, treatment will depend on medical follow-up. However, the remedies described below can be effective.
lemon is one of the typical home remedies to improve fingernails and toenails. The citric acid that it possesses is perfect not only to exfoliate the surface of the nails but also to combat fungi. So it will be useful whether the cause of the yellowing is internal or external.
The way to use is to soak the nails in lemon juice for about 5 to 10 minutes. In the end, rinse your hands with soap and water. This treatment should be repeated daily until the yellow color disappears.
Lemon Essential Oil
Another way to use lemon is through the essential oil that is available in stores selling natural products. In this case, the benefit is twofold since, in addition to cleaning the nails, it hydrates the cuticles.
Another straightforward method is to apply hydrogen peroxide . Especially if it is a fungal infection in the lower area of the nails. Simply apply a few drops to each nail for one to two weeks. This treatment works best if your nails are exfoliated every two to three days.
Effervescent Tablets for Dentures
just as they serve to whiten dentures, they can help you with your thick yellow nails. Dip your fingers in a container with this product and leave it to act for the time indicated on the box.
Another inexpensive recipe to show off transparent nails again is to make a paste of this ingredient and water. With a brush, you apply and rub it on each nail, let it act for a few minutes, and gently exfoliate. If you do this frequently, the yellow spots will soon be gone.
Olive Oil, Bicarbonate, and Lemon:
an infallible combination to whiten your nails, strengthen and smooth your hands, all in one. The only thing you should do is a paste with the three elements, apply them, rub them, and let them act.
Finally, we must remember that although these remedies to get rid of thick yellow nails are very effective, and you must first know the cause of such a phenomenon. For this, a visit to the dermatologist will be enough, who can advise you in case of a lack of vitamins or any disease.
Also Read: 4 Baths for Feet to Keep Them Soft
KNOW MORE:- safenhealthyl