We all want to achieve a straight, white, and pearly smile. Unfortunately, not everyone can afford cosmetic dentistry or braces that are both successful and affordable. However, thanks to Invisalign clear braces, people now have more options than ever before! You no longer need to choose between aesthetics and affordability – these clear braces for adults combine the best of both worlds.
1) What are Invisalign clear braces?
Invisible braces had been a staple of the cosmetic dentistry industry since their invention in 1993. Invisalign clear braces provide virtually-invisible orthodontic treatment for people of all ages looking to straighten their smile without sacrificing aesthetics. Originally only used for teenagers and children, Invisalign clear braces were designed to straighten teeth in a series of small steps instead of one large operation (i.e., traditional braces). The treatment plan is unique to each patient and is custom-made by a network of certified orthodontists worldwide. Each step entails small plastic trays which are customized to each patient’s teeth. Patients must wear these trays for a specified period, usually two weeks, before swapping them out for the next tray in the series of treatment steps. However, this inconvenience is more than made up for by its results!
Here are some of the benefits of Invisalign clear braces :
- They are virtually invisible!
- Braces have a minimal chance of being misplaced or broken.
- Invisalign clear brace trays require less oral hygiene than traditional braces.
- Many people do not even know you have Invisalign clear braces on your teeth!
2) What does treatment entail?
Treatment with Invisalign clear braces can vary from person to person.
- However, the general steps involved in Invisalign clear braces include some or all of these:
- Instruction on how to properly use your new tray.
- You may need some X-ray imaging to determine the correct orthodontic treatment.
- The process of creating a “treatment plan.” This entails taking impressions and images of your teeth, as well as any other relevant information about your smile (i.e., whether or not you have had previous orthodontics of your teeth to determine whether you are a candidate for Invisalign clear braces treatment).
- You will be given a new tray every two weeks.
- Your teeth may shift over time. If this occurs, your orthodontist may need to revise your treatment plan and reiterate the necessary steps with you!
3) Are Invisalign clear braces safe?
Invisalign clear braces are completely safe and painless. However, it is essential to maintain proper oral hygiene throughout your treatment—this inconvenience pales in comparison to the discomfort and messiness of traditional braces. Suppose you experience any pain while wearing your trays or undergoing orthodontic treatment with Invisalign clear braces, be sure to contact your orthodontist immediately.
4) How do Invisalign clear braces compare to traditional metal braces?
Invisalign clear braces have many advantages over traditional metal braces – the most apparent being that Invisalign clear braces are virtually invisible!
- However, there are a few other benefits as well:
- No one will know you have Invisalign clear braces on!
- Metal braces get dirty quickly, which can lead to cavities. With Invisalign clear braces, however, you will need less oral hygiene than with traditional metal braces.
- Invisalign clear braces are much more comfortable than metal braces! In addition, metal brackets and wires often rub against the inside of the mouth while eating, which can cause discomfort.
- Each tray of Invisalign clear braces is replaced every two weeks – not as often as with traditional metal braces. This makes the process much less inconvenient!
- You will be able to eat whatever you want during your orthodontic treatment with Invisalign clear braces. The only thing you should avoid is chewy, sticky foods.
- The price is comparable to traditional metal braces.
5) What are the disadvantages of Invisalign clear braces?
Although Invisalign clear braces have many advantageous features, it is important not to lose sight of their drawbacks:
- It takes longer to fix orthodontic problems with Invisalign clear braces than with traditional metal braces.
- There are only a few offices that provide Invisalign clear braces treatment, mostly in high population areas where there are higher populations of dentists and orthodontists.
- Invisalign clear braces are more expensive than traditional metal braces. However, this is usually offset by the length of time it takes to fix orthodontic problems with Invisalign clear braces.
6) How much do Invisalign clear braces cost?
Invisalign is a very reasonable alternative to metal braces. Especially when one considers the more costly aspects of traditional metal braces! The average recommended price for Invisalign treatment is between $3,000 and $4,500. Also, keep in mind that the orthodontist will need to create a treatment plan for you. This can cost anywhere from $200-$1,000.
- The above prices depend on whether or not you have any existing orthodontic problems (i.e., if you require more than just cosmetic straightening). -For reference, typical orthodontic treatment for children with traditional braces can cost $5,000-$10,000.
- The average overall cost of Invisalign clear braces is about the same as traditional metal braces.
7) How long does it take to see results through Invisalign clear braces?
The length of time it takes to see results through Invisalign clear braces varies. It depends on the severity of your orthodontic problem, your orthodontist’s approach, your commitment to the treatment plan, and so forth. If you are committed, this fantastic alternative can straighten out even severe problems in a relatively short period.
- On average, it takes about one year to fix orthodontic problems with Invisalign clear braces. This can vary from case to case, however. If you are committed, results are usually seen within 6-12 months. But it is not uncommon for severe cases of misalignment to take upwards of 24 months to fix.
- On average, traditional metal braces can take anywhere from 1 year to 2 years to fix orthodontic problems. But, again, this depends mainly on how hard you are willing to work! If you commit yourself, you may see results within six months or so. But if you slack off, it will take much longer.
Invisalign clear braces can be removed at any time (especially since each tray only lasts two weeks). Whenever the trays come out, you will go back to wearing your retainer. That’s it! It is also possible to switch to traditional metal braces. However, if you do this, the process may take longer than with Invisalign clear braces.